Why Now?

I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I can't believe with my husband in Iraq, that it was nearly the middle of the day before I realized it was Veteran's Day. In the past, this was just another day off for me, not giving much thought to what it represents. It is so interesting how our human nature doesn't allow us to experience true empathy unless we go through the experience ourselves. Even today, with Mike in Iraq, I was still overcome with the busyness of life that I didn't get a chance to stop and give him a personal thank you. So I am now. Thank you honey for your sacrifice. It doesn't go unnoticed and I am sorry if I don't always express it to you. You are an amazing husband, father, best friend, and attorney too. I can't wait for you to return home, so we can feel whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment