Why Now?
I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Who's there?
Grant has an obsession with the phone. His favorite toy is his play phone, but whenever he sees our home phone he will drop whatever he is doing and go for it. Sometimes I let him play with it, making sure he doesn't call anyone. I won't be doing that anymore. About 20 minutes after he was playing with the phone, I was giving Ella a bath when I hear a very serious knock on the door. Not the typical "I'm trying to sell you something" knock but one with authority behind it. Mike is out of town and I debate as to whether I should answer it. So I tip toe to the door and look out the peephole. There are two cop cars outside and two policeman at the door. I began to shake a bit wondering if I somehow have set of the alarm again (they have a paid us a visit or two for that). Then I thought, "Oh no, there's a dangerous criminal on the loose in our neighborhood. Great, this stuff always happens when Mike is gone." I decided I'd better answer the door. They said, "Ma'am, we've received a 911 hang-up call from your house. Is everything OK?" Me: "Um, yes, just giving the kids a bath, sir. I am so very sorry." The look of panic, confusion and a day of stay-at-home mommy clothes and hair was all they needed to see. They kindly left, no questions asked, penalties or fines. Then I look over my shoulder and Grant had crawled out of the bathroom and had a big grin on his face. Hopefully this will be the last time the police pay a visit for his mischievousness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment