It has just occurred to me in the past few weeks that we are approaching some big milestones: Mike being home for Halloween, Mike being home for Thanksgiving, Mike being home for Christmas, and Mike being home for Ella's birthday. I have nothing but praises for all that we have gone through. We are stronger as a family, couple and especially in our faith. Having been ministered to all that time, we are finally stepping out and ministering to others. Wish we would have stepped out of the sidelines earlier.
As we went to the "Boo Zoo" tonight, I was excited to spend this time together as a family. However, when we got to the zoo, the line was at a minimum an hour long. So we made the best of it and went to get ice cream, with a family trip to the neighborhood park to follow. As we drove by a church on our way home, we saw Matthew West was playing there. (Now, if you're not familiar with Christian radio, he is a pretty big deal). So we thought we'd stop in. After the first song, Ella was whispering into my ear, "Momma, I LOVE that song!" Then the next one, "Momma, that is my favorite!" And on it went. So many of her favorites she hears on KLOVE. As we were walking, out she said, "I wanna do this EVERY night! Can we, can we?? I just know that God loves it when we praise Him!" And this serendipitous moment had been forever stamped into my memory. So glad the Boo Zoo didn't work out. This was so much better. And to end with an Ella quote, as we drove home in the car Ella asks, "Momma, were those guys rock stars?"
No comments:
Post a Comment