Why Now?

I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oohhh, Halfway There, Oh Oh, Livin' on Prayers!!!

OK, sorry if now you have Bon Jovi in your head, but it has been in mine since we are now "halfway there" to Mike coming home! And we have really been living on all the prayers from our wonderful family and friends. It is not by my own power that we have made it this long. I am still thankful to God for taking us through this. Mike and I have seen so much good come from this despite the separation, stress and loneliness. I've learned to ask help from others, and allow them to help me in times of need. I have learned that I will be much more available to help others who need help as well. I have grown in patience (doesn't always feel that way), and perseverance. Mike and I have surprisingly grown closer to each other too by doing a nightly devotional and praying together. It's pretty easy to have a captive audience when he has nothing else to look at but the walls of his shipping container-house! While none of this has been easy and milestones and memories have been missed, we really are thankful for this opportunity to grow closer to God and re-evaluate our life's priorities. As Mike said, the fact that he is in Iraq is not what's hard, it's being apart from his family that's hard. If he could have us there, everything would be fine. (Of course, I'd just rather he come back to Texas)

So thank you to everyone who continues to think of us in their prayers. They have been sustaining us.

1 comment:

  1. Natali prays for "Uncle Mike over by the war" every night. She says all of your names each time (I have to remind her of Grant's name). I can relate to Mike a bit, when I was away from my girls for 7 months, although I had the luxury of seeing them every other weekend. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete