Why Now?
I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!
Sunday, December 26, 2010
All I want for Christmas...
I must admit that there was a small part of me that was wishing for a surprise this Christmas. Perhaps a doorbell would ring and he would be standing there. Or he would call and tell me he is at the airport and I am to come pick him up (I have replayed this event in my mind over and over). But as I webcamed with him the day before Christmas Eve, and I stared at the walls covered in Ella's artwork and pictures of the family, I knew he was still in Iraq, not to come home until it's time. It really didn't feel like Christmas, even with all the presents, decorations and snow. I think that made it easier, actually. If it had really felt like Christmas, then it would have been much more difficult. I miss you, love you and I can't wait until we are sitting under our tree in February having our Christmas with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment