Why Now?

I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Ramblings of a 4 year old

Ella at bedtime snuggle:

Ella: "Mommy, you look kinda tall. You have less um, white stuff around you. You know, you aren't very wide like some people are." I think my sweet girl just gave me a wonderful compliment!
Me: "Can you just stay this size forever?"
Ella: "No, I have to grow up and be a mommy like you. But you'll get lines in your face before I do!" (Lines are Ella's code for wrinkles)
Ella: (After much jabbering) "OK, I'm getting tired. Will you get out of my bed so I can get some sleep?"


Ella and Daddy watching a tennis instructional video:

Ella: "I need to watch this so I can get better at tennis. I practice and practice but I'm just not getting good."

In the video, the instructor talks about backswing.

Ella: "That's what I need to do!" (Demonstrating a larger backswing)

Daddy: Giggles loudly

No comments:

Post a Comment