Why Now?

I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Smarty Pants

Our little Grant is becoming too smart which is making my days longer :) He is into everything. He loves to cook and is stirring up pots of soup all the time. He also has been getting on his tiptoes to open and close doors. And since we have no locks, that gives him free access to everything. He is even opening the pocket doors!

He loves his sister Ella and can't wait to greet her with a hug every morning. When we arrive at her preschool to pick her up, he starts yelling "Ay-ya, Ay-ya!" He actually frightened me today...Ella had made a book titled "Things That God Made" and in it she drew things like flowers, butterflies, etc. as well as a family. It had a man, women, girl and boy (representing us). Grant was looking at it and jokingly I said, "Where's daddy?" He looked at the picture and pointed to the man! Thinking perhaps it was a fluke I asked, "Where's mommy?" Then he looked at the picture again and pointed to the woman. This was starting to freak me out. It is not normal for a baby to recognize representational drawings (stick figures) of people. So then of course I asked, "Where's Ella?" He then looked at the picture and pointed to the girl with yellow hair. Incredulous, I had to ask him where Grant was, but he'd had enough of my badgering. He walked away then turned to give me a smile and a string of drool dribbled from his mouth. Yep, he's still a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment