Why Now?

I've finally decided to start blogging about our family. What prompted it? Mostly Mike's deployment to Iraq. The best part of our day together is telling all the funny, sweet and interesting things the kids did that day. This is the best way to share that. I will be trying my best to keep it current, but it isn't easy being all things to all people in this house while Mike is away!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's storytelling time

While Ella was looking at a blank photo album today, she turned the pages as if reading a story. This is what I heard:

"There once was a king. His name was Material King. He went walking one day (finger actions accompanied this) and he ran into an iguana. The iguana was mean, a hitting iguana. He tried hitting the king, so the Material King put him in the Hitting Place. There was FIRE in the hitting place. After that, the iguana didn't hit anymore. The end."

Not sure where the fire part came from. Could be all the Old Testament teaching at her preschool :)

1 comment:

  1. You're not sure where "fire" came from...??

    What about "iguana", "Material King" and the conflict that ensued...? Talk about a great story! She even had a beginning and an end. I probably don't spend enough time around kids, but that's impressive to me.

    ReplyDelete